Background

9.23.2012

Summer Rewind - Week Two

Originally written on June 25, 2012

Well Gang,

The weekend flew by and here I am with only 13 kids sleeping in my church hallway home. Crazy how sleep and laundry take up weekend time. But I wanted to keep all of you up to date on what God has done this past week

This past week was a difficult one. The group was completely different than the week before and the switch over was more difficult for myself and Adam and Alissa than expected. There were some great moments that the team was working perfectly together and everything was running full force while other times we as adult staff felt like we were pulling teeth. Definitely found ourselves on a roller coaster of emotion - real glad God is my track and that this roller coaster will never break down.

Bright Moment of the week: We built 4 new fowerbeds for families. I decided to wait to buy the flowers and take a team of students with me to Home Depot. This was great because these students got to meet my friend Kat and allow her to see the leadership development process. It also gave them a safe place to make choices that really helped them own this project. During that trip two students really shined and I ended up placing them into Leadership roles over the flower beds for the final day. God definitely showed me the pearl within the clam this week as I pried and pried just to see those priceless moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment