Background

10.02.2012

Summer Rewind - Week Five

Originally written on July 14, 2012

Hey Gang,
If week 4 was awesome because I felt like God used me and spoke through me so much - week 5 (this past week) was just as awesome because I feel like God just let me observe all the work that He is doing. Because the truth is, he doesn't really need me... he just chooses to use me as I open up myself deeper and deeper to him.

This week we started on the house that will most likely turn into the last house we work on in Dayton. A little bit about the family. Zewdie (mom) and Yalu (dad) have two beautiful kids (Jeremiah & Merav). They've lived there just under a year and it has been a tough year. The biggest problem is that the kids, especially Jeremiah, have asthma really bad. Jeremiah so much so that every time he plays on their carpet he begins to cough and even has had several asthma attacks that have sent him to the hospital. Going into the home we planned on focusing on the downstairs removal of the carpet and painting. However I realized on Monday that the whole house had good (messy looking) but good wood floors underneath the carpet. So we switched gears and Day one the team got EVERY little bit of carpet out of the house. After finishing cleaning up we decided to focus on painting to see if the land lord might possibly help to restore the good wood flooring. We got to paint 4 rooms and a stair well plus put up a clothesline. We got a TON accomplished this week, but there is still plenty of work to be done in the house - so after we get done in Kentucky we'll be returning to finish painting the other rooms and re-floor the areas in which we removed the carpet.

This team also put on a great kid-focused VBS and had a ton of fun hanging out at the team house. (If you've never heard of the game Jungle Speed, you should go check it out)

No comments:

Post a Comment